I personally am a true believer in working hard for your gear, its a greater sense of ownership and dedication to your trade/passion. Budgets are tight and gear is expensive, so when looking on the market for your next camera - this is why I highly recommend the Canon 6DMKII
Going back a few years now, I remember picking up very first DSLR - a Canon Rebel 450D. To compare that to today's iPhone 8 or X, let's just say they both now share the exact same MP. But what a DSLR can do today is beyond what I ever thought my starter kit could have the potential of. Being able to access your image/video files via wifi or a simple Dual Pixel Auto Focus when using video or live mode. Endless amount of possibilities for your first DSLR or a second body.
It has everything a beginner need, it has everything you need as a second body. Keeping it short and simple, to be able to have a DSLR such as the Canon 6DMKII on the market available at such a low price is outstanding. A easy hands on camera for portraits, weddings or even travel. I personally enjoyed vlogging with the lightweight body.
- Dual Pixel AF, its simple technology that assists many of us when filming
- Touch Screen, getting that shot you need when flipping the screen. Focusing on certain objects while filming without handling your lenses
- ISO is pretty strong, withstood images at 6400 when shooting dark wedding location with a Canon 50mm 1.2
- Compared to the first gen 6D, the latest addition has a much stronger/chunkier body allowing you to grip the camera with a little more tlc
- Not having 4K filming options! a real let down for many DSLR bodies in the Canon Range.
- Single Card slot, many of us now use a mixture of CF or SD, would be awesome if Canon had a mixture of both for all of their DSLR bodies.
- No microphone access
*a big thank you to Canon Australia & Ogilvy for their support and loan of the 6D - all images below were taken on the 6DMKII